Friday, November 16, 2018

What's Next?


Existing Market

I want to provide a service that gives customers the opportunity to obtain clean drinking water that is free from any unsafe chemicals or particles. The product that will deliver this is a reverse osmosis kiosk.

Based off of my interviews, I found that I should be charging a slightly higher price for this water because 25 cents a gallon won’t be nearly enough revenue to cover the costs. I think what customers might want next is for a reverse osmosis system to be easily implemented into homes so that people don’t have to travel outside of their home for clean drinking water.

New Market

My product is only useful in areas where clean drinking water is not easily accessible, so a completely different market would be in areas where clean drinking water is accessible and the need for a product like this is not there.

My product could still create value for people who would rather use reusable containers and fill them with the water from the kiosks in an effort to be eco-friendlier (it’s better than the use of water bottles).

After conducting the interviews, I found that people that are conscious about the environment would be willing to use a system like this as long as it is easy to access and free. Making it free would be slightly more difficult to cover the costs, but if we got the government involved with efforts to help the environment then funding could be put towards this idea.

My product could definitely be attractive to this new market but for different reasons as stated.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia, I think that the product you are building is so inspirational. You found a real life issue and found an opportunity to help and save lives. From your analysis it seems like your product is very possible but it may be a bit expensive. I would love to hear more about your product and your marketing plan and plan for investors.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1) Looking back at my posts, I think finding a business idea to run with in the beginning was the hardest part for me. So many a...