Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Halfway Reflection


1)    Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
To keep up with the requirements of this course, I have made sure to set aside a specific day to sit down and do all of the assignments. This way I can really focus on the criteria of the assignment and put my full energy towards it. I make sure to keep organized to in order to fulfill each necessary step, including posting on my blog, copying the URL, submitting the assignment, and doing my peer reviews.
2)    Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
There were certainly moments when I felt like giving up. I have felt like I haven’t thought my business idea through enough, and therefore sometimes fall short of answering all of the questions in an assignment. To pull through, I take a deep breath and really think about what the question is asking and do additional research on my business idea if necessary to complete the assignment. I do feel like I’ve developed a tenacious attitude during this class. The fact that the only way to earn points in this class is through the assignments keeps me motivated to get them done.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset'?
1. You must set aside enough time to get the assignments done so you are not rushing nor stressing yourself out about them.

2. The amount of effort you put into this class is the amount you will get out of it. If you are actually interested in becoming an entrepreneur, watch all the lectures cause the professor is great. And do the assignments to your best ability.

3. Pick a business idea you are actually passionate about or else the assignments will be a drag.





4 comments:

  1. I most certainly resonate with your tips on how to be successful in this course. As I stated in my own post, managing your time is a crucial component for this class because there is no one to remind you when assignments are due. I believe I made the right decision about the business I decided to pursue for this class because every time I complete an assignment, I get thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, I think that setting aside a day to do all the assignments for the class is a great idea. I really love the three tips that you gave the future students. I really think that all three are very important concepts to remember in this class. I especially think that you second tip is very accurate. It is true that the amount of effort you put into these assignments is what you will receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julia this is a great post. I agree with everything you mentioned in this post because i literally had the same thing. It is very important to work ahead in this class and make sure you go through every requirement for each assignment. In the beginning of this semester, i procrastinated on some assignments and i ended up missing two of the assignments. Also don't forget to do the do the declaration part of the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julia, everything you mentioned is on point. I share a lot of these same ideas, and it's honestly required to think this way to pass this course. I also had trouble with my business idea, and honestly as long as you put dedication into it, you can definitely pull through no problem

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1) Looking back at my posts, I think finding a business idea to run with in the beginning was the hardest part for me. So many a...