Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Reading Reflection No. 2


1)    What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The general theme of this book is that no matter how many failures or hardships you have in life, you can still be successful, and it might even be what leads to your eventual success. It is important that you stay hopeful and optimistic through your endeavors.
2)    How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
 It connected with what I have learned in ENT 3003 because it talks a lot about how successful business people need to take risks in order to reach their goals. I feel like risk-taking if often talked about in this class. 
3)    If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
 In the book, the author discusses three specific angles at which you can look at your energy levels: activities, space, and time. For an exercise, we would list what our favorite activities, what type of space or environment you like to do your work, and what your internal clock is aka what time you like to do things (an early riser vs. someone who sleeps in).
4)    What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?

The one thing that I learned from this book that differed from how I usually think of things is when the author talks about planning systems over goals. I always thought having “goals” was the best way to be successful but this author talks about how having a routine and system is much more beneficial.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia,
    What book did you end up reading? I agree it is very important to take risks in the field of entrepreneurship. I've always heard the saying "you have to be comfortable being uncomfortable" and I think it applies to the mindset of becoming a risk taker! Risks involve putting yourself out in fields where you'd be vulnerable, but in the end it's all about how you'd make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1) Looking back at my posts, I think finding a business idea to run with in the beginning was the hardest part for me. So many a...