Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Reading Reflection 3

1)    What was the general theme or argument of the book?
I chose: The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users by Guy Kawasaki.
The general theme of this book explores how to successfully use and navigate through social media in order to use it as a marketing platform.  

2)    How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
It certainly connected with this class as we often talk about how entrepreneurs can be successful through the right marketing skills and by targeting the right audience through all different platforms- including social media.

3)    If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
This book talks about social media marketing outlets in as simple of a form as twitter. For an exercise, we could have to come up with several “tweets” that fit the character limit that could be used to promote our product.

4)    What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
I never realized just how in depth social media can be as a platform for one’s business. I always thought of it as more simply a way to interact with friends and show more of your personal life. I have learned a lot about the different tactics and tools you can use through social media in order to successfully promote a brand or business.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I think that this book sounds very relevant and applicable to our society today. I definitely do see the connection to this book and this class. A lot of us are utilizing social media as a part of our opportunities. I think it would be very interesting to complete your exercise. It would be cool to see how each of us could get creative to promote our products on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, I chose a different book for this activity, however after reading your post I will definitely put this on my own reading list. In this day and age, social media and the internet are the best platforms to market products therefore this book would be very beneficial to entrepreneurs first starting out during this time. Great job overall

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1) Looking back at my posts, I think finding a business idea to run with in the beginning was the hardest part for me. So many a...