Friday, November 2, 2018

Idea Napkin No. 2


11)    You. 
 I am a second-year marketing major. I am a people-person and work well in a group setting. I am a very organized person and like to keep myself on a schedule. I have communication, customer service, and leadership skills that I have acquired through the various clubs and organizations that I have been involved in, as well as the various jobs that I have worked, such as my waitress job at an Italian restaurant and my current job at the UF call center. My aspirations are to simply help others; life is most fulfilling when doing so. I see my potential business idea playing a great role in my life as I would be able to see the direct impact I have made on people’s life by providing them clean water; this would motivate me to continue all the hard-work that this journey would entail.  

22)    What are you offering to customers? 
What I am offering to customer’s is easy access to clean drinking water. My product would be in the form of a kiosk, and contain a reverse osmosis system. For people that cannot access clean water directly from their homes, they will visit this kiosk where clean water will be dispensed for a small price of around 25 cents a gallon. These kiosks will be dispersed in the most popular shopping centers, similar to how ATMs are set up. Customers can bring their own containers and fill them up as much as they would like.

33)    Who are you offering it to? 
I am offering this to people who live in an area where water is unsafe due to large amounts of pollution and chemicals in the water. This is typically in more rural areas, but it can occur anywhere. When picking which areas to actually implement these systems, I would probably have to talk to some people higher up in different cities and see if they would be interested in having something like this incorporated and if they think it would better their citizens.

44)    Why do they care? 
 People need clean water to survive. If they currently don’t have easy access to clean water, they will certainly pay a small price for water that is guaranteed to be safe to drink.

55)    What are your core competencies? 
I have the desire to make a change that can have global impacts. Clean water is not just a need, but it is a necessity. My hard work and determination can set me apart from other people

I think that these elements fit well together for my business concept. Since I am trying to help solve such a big global issue, it can be a little intimidating to think that I have the power to make a change. Discovering what sets me apart from others was the most difficult aspect to consider. But by using all of my skills and determining a true purpose for this business decision, I can use these elements to create something great and truly help others.

I didn’t receive any negative feedback on my first idea napkin, so I asked a couple of my roommates for their input about my idea and asked for them to critique anything. They said to describe where these kiosks would be located, so I added that to the idea napkin. They also said to add how I would decide what areas to get these kiosks implemented so I added this as well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Reflection

1) Looking back at my posts, I think finding a business idea to run with in the beginning was the hardest part for me. So many a...