Thursday, September 6, 2018

Bug List


Bug List

1.     When a student asks a teacher a question about something that the teacher has already repeated a thousand times
Why it happens: the student isn’t paying attention
2.     When the line at JJ’s is so long that it is all the way to Tatu and thus takes an hour to get in
Why it happens: There are only two relevant places to go out (JJ’s and Fats), so they are both always packed
3.     When I eat a hot food too quickly and burn the inside of my mouth
Why it happens: I’m really hungry and excited to eat the food
4.     When I get pencil on the side of my hand from taking notes
Why it happens: I’m left handed
5.     When scooters are parked right in front of my car so I have to move them out of the way in order to pull my car out
Why it happens: there isn’t enough scooter parking at Oxford Terrace
6.     When one group member has to do all of the group’s work
Why it happens: the other group members know that this one person will pick up the slack so they choose to go the lazy route
7.     When Hulu plays the same commercials during every commercial break
Why it happens: they only have so many people sponsoring them
8.     When my clothes are wrinkled
Why it happens: the dryer does a good job at drying the clothes but not de-wrinkling them
9.     When my nails chip as soon as I get them done
Why it happens: the nail polish isn’t strong enough for my daily activities
10.   When my friends don’t accept my uber-split request
They either forget or don’t want to pay the fee
11.  When a public bathroom is out of toilet paper
Why it happens: none of the employees have taken initiative to replace the roll
12.  When people cut me off while I’m driving
Why it happens: they are in a rush to get somewhere or are simply reckless drivers
13.  When people accidently call me by my sister’s name
Why it happens: we look a lot alike
14.  When it takes someone forever to get back to a call/text
Why it happens: they are busy or don’t care to answer
15.  When my roommates don’t bring their key out and bang on the door late at night for me to open it
Why it happens: they forget to bring it out or purposely don’t bring it out because they are afraid they while lose their key
16.  When I can’t get my contact to stay in my eye
Why it happens: my eyes will tear up too much to the point where it will slip out
17.  When I want to eat cereal but my apartment is out of milk
Why it happens: most of us are too busy to go grocery shopping often or we forget to buy it when we are at the store
18.  When people at another table at a restaurant get their food way quicker than my table even though my table got their first
Why it happens: some food takes longer to make than others and some waiters put the order in quicker
19.  When people don’t say please and thank you
Why it happens: they don’t have very good manners
20.  When my blue tooth ear buds die in the middle of a workout
Why it happens: I forget to charge them and the battery life doesn’t last very long

I definitely thought writing my bug list would be a lot easier than it was. There sure are a lot of things that bug me in my day to day life, but it certainly took a little while to get myself to think of these specific things. A lot of the things I wrote on this list are annoyances that I keep to myself, which might have been why it was hard to pinpoint them at first. For most of these bugs, I can’t come up with a solution for them on my own. Many have to do with a person simply being lazy, or not having proper manners. For those, it is hard to come up with product or invention that could solve this bug. I think for a lot of people, including myself, these daily annoyances are something we just deal with and don’t take any action to change. Thinking of the “why” something happens is an important first step for anyone wanting to make this change.  

3 comments:


  1. I absolutely agree that this assignment was more difficult than I anticipated it to be. I also found that most of my bugs were things I usually keep to myself. I think it is interesting that you found that most of your bugs were caused by a person’s action because I too found this to be the case. It is harder to solve these bugs because it is difficult to change how a person acts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your list of bugs was great, especially the one about the JJs line. Any outside person reading that would probably wonder why you don't just go to another bar, but outsiders don't understand that everyone pretty much will only go there for some reason. Anyways, I agree that coming up with the bug list was a surprisingly difficult task, partially for me because I had to think of what caused the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Bug list is great and relatable in the gainesville area. I agree with the fact that there really aren't many good places to go in gainesville, making the good ones with huge lines. The most relatable in my opinion is when a student doesn't listen and asks pointless questions, i'm always focused on getting through lectures and hate delays.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1) Looking back at my posts, I think finding a business idea to run with in the beginning was the hardest part for me. So many a...