Friday, September 7, 2018

My Entrepreneurship Story


My Entrepreneurship Story

I was exposed to a successful entrepreneurship story when my close family-friends decided to open up a local pizza place that would be the first of its kind. This wouldn’t be their first go-around when it came to running a business as they part-owned another pizza place a little way down the road. But there were still risks with opening up this pizza place; with a new name, new location, and new staff members, anything could happen. I got lucky enough to work for this business while I was in high school, and doing so I got an inside look at how they ran the business. Just the other day was the restaurant’s four-year anniversary, and when I think back to the number of customers they got when they first opened to amount they have now, it is astonishing. You can’t work a Friday night without there being a two-hour delivery wait and a 45 minute+ pickup wait. With marketing via Instagram and face book, amazing food, and a great staff, they have been able to run the best pizza place in their area. People are always coming in to this restaurant, located in Wellington, Florida, and saying how the pizza tastes “just like it’s from Brooklyn, New York”. I can certainly agree. I hope they open up a restaurant here in Gainesville soon because I sure do miss their food!

I enrolled in ENT3003 because I needed another 3000-level class that was worth four credits. I also chose it because, as a business major, I want to learn more about entrepreneurship and all that it encompasses. I hope to get a better idea of how to think like an entrepreneur and learn a little bit more about what it takes to be a successful one.




6 comments:

  1. Hey Julia, I enjoyed reading through your post. I can relate to your entrepreneurship story because i also had a relative who opened up a new local restaurant about 6 years ago and i used to help them out when they opened up since they needed as much help as possible. As you mentioned, it is not easy to open up a new business and expect it to be successful without taking the right steps as to where to have it and how to attract customers. After helping them at the restaurant, i was able to have somewhat of a knowledge on how to run a business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it’s amazing that you got to see your family friend’s business journey from a new restaurant to popular one. It was probably very inspiring to see the progress that can be made in a business. I also took this class because I needed a 3000-level class, and to learn more about entrepreneurship. I agree that as business majors it will be very helpful to become more knowledgeable in entrepreneurship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I'm going to be honest, the story as well as the picture below made me incredibly hungry and desperate to try out this pizza place. On a more serious note, I think it's good that you got to see a successful entrepreneurial story first hand, so in the future you might be more inclined to start a business of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog was great! I think it is so cool that you got to experience first hand a family friend starting a business as a start up and seeing it progress to a four year anniversary of it being open! As for your reasoning for taking this class, I had the same in that I wanted to think like an entrepreneur in terms of solving problems and finding solutions in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Julia,
    That is an amazing story. You are very lucky to have had the opportunity to witness the inner workings of a startup company from so close and at such a young age. This is invaluable experience that will certainly pay off in the long run if you ever choose to start up your own company. Not only from the experience that you have gained, but also from the perspective of having this family friend as a resource to ask questions of.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1) Looking back at my posts, I think finding a business idea to run with in the beginning was the hardest part for me. So many a...